For the past several months, we have had a significant increase in inquiries from churches that need help with addressing issues related to their facilities. Some are in need of new space, but the majority have one of the following needs:
- Better utilization of their space (flow/circulation, right-sizing, contextualization of space based on today’s ministry means and methods, etc).
- Understanding the Life Cycle of their facility (and components) and their deferred maintenance.
- Desire to improve their Facility Management (Facility Stewardship) means, methods, systems and knowledge.
This is encouraging for us…not because it could generate more business for us…but because we believe that church leaders are coming to the realization that Facility Stewardship is a Biblical mandate and as such, we are seeing leaders take the care, management, utilization and INTENTIONALITY of the stewardship of the ministry facilities entrusted to them much more seriously.
To that end, we are expanding our SUSTAIN services to help lead, train and support church leaders in all of these areas. In fact, we believe so strongly in this that we have added a new member to our team. I would like to introduce you to Nathan Parr as our newest full time team member. Here is what Nathan has to say about this transition:
I am excited. Excited to begin this new journey, excited to be a part of this new team, excited to partner with folks across the country in being intentional with their facilities…excited to be where God directs me.
For the previous 12 years, I served as the Operations Manager at First Baptist Church in Belton, Texas. First Baptist Belton is unique in that it is in a small town, but operates on a scale usually seen in much larger municipalities. In addition to normal church services, the church hosts a private school, operates a state licensed child-care facility, averages over 11,000 room uses a year, supports a Spanish and Chinese mission church, and maintains around 9 acres in downtown Belton. That is a sampling of how it serves the community; it is a seven day a week operation. In my time at FBC Belton, God grew me in ways I never imagined.
Prior to my tenure in Belton I held a few different positions. I served in the United States Marine Corps, I owned a construction company, I worked commercial construction in South Carolina, I worked in the construction shop for Kansas State University, worked commercial lawn care for three years, and even have some paid theatrical design work in my portfolio. It was in high school in Kansas that I met my wife, and we were married on campus at KSU in the old limestone chapel. While at FBC Belton, I completed my BS in Social Science, Master of Arts in Theological Studies, and an MBA.
Nathan is one of the brightest Church Facility Managers I have ever worked with…which is why he is a perfect fit for the Cool Solutions Group Team. He could truly be seen as a “Pastor of Facilities” for nearly any church in America…and now he can come alongside churches across the country to share his passion for ministry, excellence in processes and expertise in all things Church Facility Management.
Here are some of the expanded services we will be making available:
Standards & Procedures
Great Facility Stewardship starts with “Best-In-Class” systems, standards and procedures. This also includes understanding “WHY” you do the things you do. Our services include:
- Means and Methods Review
- Facility Management Best Practice
- Facility Staffing Reviews
- Hiring Procedures and Qualifications
- Budgeting and Reserve Planning
- Preventive Maintenance Plan
- Data Storage and Software Applications
Once you know WHY…make sure you know HOW. Our team of skilled Church Facility Management professions provide training in the following areas:
- Security Planning – developing the best fit in your facility for:
- Cleaning 101 – developing a base cleaning program that keeps your guests and staff safe in the most cost-effective manner
- Cleaning 201 -Building upon your base to create a program that continually improves in effectiveness and efficiency
- Team Building and integration of the Facility Staff in the mission of the church
- Project Management
- Procurement processes -finding the best solution for the long-term; developing vendor relationships
- Role of the Facility Manager in Church activities – Integrating them early to ensure more time is spent on the mission, not logistics
Do you have a firm grip on the condition and life cycle expectations and expenditures related to your facility? Our team of facility professionals and engineers can provide detailed assessments of these aspects including:
- “Fresh Eyes” Assessments
- Deferred Maintenance Evaluation
- Life Cycle Assessment
- Energy/Operational Efficiency Including Facility Staffing Assessment
- Spatial Planning
If you have a church facility…then you will benefit by what we offer. Give us a call or email Nathan at email@example.com