Do you know what you need to focus on related to your church facility in 2018? If not, you will want to hear this podcast with Dr. Thom Rainer.
Some highlights from this podcast include:
- Your church is more inclined to experience a parent in a divorce case trying to abduct a child than it is to experience an active shooter.
- Presence is the #1 thing your church can do to increase security.
- Is your church facility congruent with your mission?
- In a perfect world, you wouldn’t have deferred maintenance; you’d have enough money to handle facility issues as they arise.
- Your facility team is an important part of your church’s ministry.
Is your church facility congruent with your mission?
The ten keys to maximizing your church facility are:
- Safety and security
- Flow of the space
- Contextualization of facilities
- Capital reserve – facing the inevitable
- Addressing the 4 buckets of budgeting
- Defining CLEAN and how that impacts staffing and budget
- Spatial utilization
- Integrating the facility and facility staff in your ministry
- Empowering the membership to be active in facility stewardship
Listen to the entire interview with Dr. Rainer HERE