- Can you image having hundreds or thousands of church facility professionals assisting you and your church be the best steward of your facility?
- Can you image having access to the best minds in the church facility management and maintenance world just a key stroke away?
- Can you image being provided with free resources on a weekly basis that will provide your church the “best-in-class” data and information to be intentional, efficient and effective with the managing of your facility?
We believe that the collective minds, experience, knowledge and expertise of church facility and leaders should be unharnessed across the nation to ALL churches regardless of size, age, demographic, denomination, music preference or growth patterns.
Have you seen the new show on TV called “Wisdom of the Crowd?” It is a new cop drama about a man that builds a crowdsourcing computer to help find his daughter’s killer. The premise is that we are smarter together than on our own. While entertaining (and maybe not completely realistic…nor am I endorsing the show or any of its cast), it has made me think about the notion of crowdsourcing and my favorite topic…Church Facility Stewardship (Management).
Let me explain.
Crowdsourcing has been defined as: The process of getting work [or funding], usually online, from a crowd of people. The word is a combination of the words ‘crowd’ and ‘outsourcing’. The idea is to take work and outsource it to a crowd of workers.
A famous example would be Wikipedia. Instead of Wikipedia creating an encyclopedia on their own, hiring writers and editors, they gave a “crowd” the ability to create the information on their own. The result? The most comprehensive encyclopedia this world has ever seen.
While there has been some criticism about the quality that is derived from crowdsourcing, the principle of crowdsourcing is that more heads are better than one. By canvassing a large crowd of people for ideas, skills, or participation, the quality of content and idea generation will be superior.
There you have it. Getting ideas from multiple people on a topic or issue, can actually make the quality of the content…the information that is made available…by what might appear to be random folks…BETTER.
That concept is an underlying reason for the development of a new service called “Church Facility Management Solutions.” We believe that the collective minds, experience, knowledge and expertise of church facility and leaders should be unharnessed across the nation to ALL churches regardless of size, age, demographic, denomination, music preference or growth patterns.
- Do you realize how many churches have a facility?
- ANSWER: Most of the 350,000 (+/-) churches in America.
- Do you know how many have a full time skilled facility manager?
- ANSWER: A small fraction.
- Do you know how many churches have proactive means/methods for the maintenance, management and long term capital reserve planning?
- ANSWER: A VERY scary…really scary…small number!!!!
We have developed Church Facility Management Solutions to be your partner in your Facility Management and Facility Stewardship initiatives. This membership community will provide:
- Weekly Information sent directly to you to help you be proactive and intentional with the care of your facility
- Online Community so that you can get input and feedback from hundreds of other church and facility leaders
- Monthly Webinars by industry professionals to provide relevant information and resources for your church facility management
- Vetted Vendors will put a list of qualified vendors at your fingertips with the assurance that they have been pre-qualified by our team…and they do not pay to be on this list
- Free Resources will be developed and made available to members including worksheet, forms, policy docs, job descriptions, etc. This alone will be worth the cost of membership
- Availability to Consulting and Training Services
If you want to be a part of this movement and join those that take the stewardship of the facilities God has entrusted to you and your church seriously, then sign up NOW to get started.