Like you, I love the SMART devices in my house – Echos, plugs, Hue lights. It’s so cool to walk into a room and have “Alexa” turn on the light or TV or tell me the weather outside or set a reminder or update me on the news.
eSPACE is bringing this Internet of Things to church facilities, but what does that look like for interaction with your church database? Answer:Text-To-ChurchTM
Online giving companies brought us text to give. Marketing companies brought us text to receive content. In 2017 Churchteams released Text-To-ChurchTM , the SMART way to get your people to:
- Register for anything
- Complete a Communication Card (starting a follow-up workflow)
- Securely check-in their kids
- See contact assignments
- See their volunteer or training schedule
- Manage their groups
- Update their infoLink to anywhere
You know, all the stuff you wish your people could do by interacting directly with your database!
Here’s how it works. You choose your own, local, ten-digit phone number that connects to your Churchteams database. Share the number with your people along with a keyword to do whatever you want them to do.
For example, I’d like to give you the chance to see how Text-To-ChurchTM works for registration, check-in and workflow automation. Hands on is the best way to learn (you can do this in one minute). Get out your phone right now and… text SMART to (817) 677-9850.
Just follow the prompts to add a (made up) child, and text the word CHECK to check-in. You will get 3 follow-up texts (1 hour, 1 day, 1 week later) from our Workflow Automation inviting you to a Meet The Software guided tour but that’s it.
Now, imagine what you could do with a SMART database?
- Give guests and members who no longer carry checkbooks an easy way to participate in giving.
- Get rid of check-in lines.
- Offer an electronic communication card option in Worship.
- Let people register for any class or event by texting a keyword.
- Text staff and leaders of follow-up assignments.
- Take adult class attendance on a mobile phone.
- Automate guest follow-up so no one falls through the cracks.
- Simplify pastoral care and leadership development follow-up.
- Enhance church communication strategy.
- Simplify data management.
- All in ONE church software database!
eSPACE is leveraging technology for managing facilities. Churchteams is leveraging technology for managing people and processes. Our recent integration helps churches get the best of both. Now, that’s SMART.
Boyd Pelley is Co-founder / CEO of Churchteams. He served churches in 3 states as Discipleship, Administrative, and Family pastor for 18 years. The last 8 bootstrapping the development of the company with Mark Horan, Co-founder / Software Architect. Married since 1986, he and Pam have 2 grown, married children. They live in McKinney, Texas.